Monday, April 18, 2016

Physique Swimming: Lesson 6

We had a pretty big group today! Got moved to beginners level 2 with Fru. We worked on ...

  • Exhaling. Breathing under water. Turns out, most of us were breathing out way too quickly and we were NOT taking very relaxed breaths. 
  • Streamline arms. My head was not tucked in tnough, my arms were too far out front, and my wrist point TOO far down so I have trouble staying above water. 
  • Backfloats. Here's the trick to head positioning: face the ceiling and DON'T move your head. Kick one feet up when your shoulders and head are in the water then kick the other feet up. Keep your belly up. Don't arch your back too much or you'll start drinking water. 
  • Deep end jumping. Jump in, then breathe out while kicking vertically. 
Feedback:
  • She said my kicks are small and fast. Good for racing. However, she thinks I'm kicking slightly from my knees so it's better to practice wider kicks.Weird, I feel like I'm getting contradicting feedback about my kick. Anthony thinks my kick is awesome, but she thinks I'm still kicking from my knees. 
  • There should be no gap between my arm and head when I'm in streamline. Tuck that shit together.
    • Make sure one hand is directly on top of the other. 
  • Relax. Relax. Relax.
Jospeh says that I've improved a lot. I feel it! I'm still struggling with sidekicks and I can still feel tension here and there but I do feel like I'm making progress so that feels good. I'll keep working on my kicks and breathing in the pool this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment