Monday, April 11, 2016

Physique Swimming: Lesson 2

Today we ...


We started by blowing bubbles. Then we moved on to everyone doing a single glide as far as possible using one breath. Then we swam streamline with a single breath to the deep end.

On Kicking

He said the only issue with my kicking is that they were too wide and too slow. Better faster and closer together than slow and far apart.

Skills


Sidekick

We first did single arm pull with water dumbbells and then we came back and did side kicks with the dumbbells. I had a really hard time balancing. He said I wasn't relaxed, that my kicking was not balanced (did not kick towards back), my head wasn't resting, and my other arm was too far on my back so it was tipping me on my back.

I also asked another dude if it's true that I can't float. He said that it was just more difficult because I have to learn a diff technique like arching my back more.  In other words, I may need to adjust my technique but it's not hopeless for me.

Freestyle

This is the combination of streamlining and breathing with a sidekick. You begin swimming in streamline with your legs kicking, then you rotate your body into a sidekick in order to breath and then back into streamline.

Lessons Learned

* I've been getting some help from my girlfriend and she's been hugely helpful. She says that my arms should be slicing the water. No dead fish action b.c that creates drag. Your elbows should go up high and then your hand and form arms should be aligned going straight into the water.
* I swim like I'm holding a quarter b/w my butt-crack. I should relax my hip flexors.
* Start rolling the second you start pulling and don't be afraid to stay there for a bit for air.

Resources



No comments:

Post a Comment